Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Current storylines

As we tend to run around wildly picking fights, I thought I'd take a moment to try and refresh our memories of the bigger picture. Fill in anything I've missed!

We are currently after the monk Akchazar (known affectionately (?) as 'The Fez'), whom the Wastelords informed us has an Eye, which they would like.

The Wizard Council and the rogue wizard Tatyan are also after as many Eyes as they can get, both would like to have all five of them.

Stromm has been kidnapped either by Tatyan or one of his minions, whereabouts currently unknown.

'The Crew' has made an unexpected appearance and are quite powerful. They seem to be working for someone but we don't know who. They are also in possession of the Cube of Ragnar and such a powerful magic item is likely sought after by others.

The Cube's concubine gave the location of the fabled treasure of King Eclastes as being at the southernmost tip of the Fallen Lands, in the catacombs of the Naeta Tribe.

The evil lich lord of the Tomb of Horrors is still at large. And perhaps Madak's cousin Botak (Takbo) has been resurrected?

There is also the issue of the gnome wizard, Aleska's friend, who failed to teleport us as promised (and paid for) following our battle with the monks at the crossroads despite his assurances that he would be scrying on us and monitoring our progress. This failure led to The Crew's appearance and their attack on us. Is Aleska complicit in the failure of his friend to follow-up?

9 comments:

  1. Thanks dude. I've been meaning to write this for a while. This could be a better way as we all contribute the information we know.
    Remember you all had to get to the crossroads for a reason. I think you got the information from the now slain Dugal's comely lady of the night. She overheard a discussion between him and most probably Tatian about a meeting he was to attend at the crossroads.
    Then there is the involvement of Akchazar and his Rakshasars.
    One of the Cube's faces holds a powerful diviner, which may or may not be useful for certain things that i may or may not be eluding to here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! The meeting at the crossroads.

    Yes, asking the diviner a question would be useful, but to risk awakening the demon to do so seems a bit risky to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why The Crew got you guys to do it. :) You could do it to them if you beat them or some other poor fool. Eg. get a lowly peasant to unknowingly withdraw it for the promise of a pittance then if he withdraws the demon you let him get poned (new word in my lexicon), but if he withdraws something else then you help him and beat the creature withdrawn (if you can)and get to ask some juicy question.
    Or you could allow him to lose to any of the faces of the cube to let that creature exist on the material plane with you, demon aside. Could strike a bargain with the creature, especially as they may have been in the Cube for some length of time (the concubine has been in there for centuries)and may see the benefit of powerful allies in a world now drastically changed.
    On another note Aenyorn has access to Zone of Truth ne? Could be very useful for dealing with those you suspect of deceit, Aleska, The Crew,...
    I'm so looking forward to getting into this again after my studies, especially with the soon(?) to be realised super fast intranets.
    We gotta get a game in with you and J. while i'm in Tokyo. If you are up for it I'll bring a few figs from Kochi and/or we just play with Brendan's trusty battlemap skype set up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great ideas! And we certainly should have thought of them. We're getting lazy guys... But I wonder what would happen to our alignment if we let some peasant get 'poned'? ;)

    Yeah, it would be great to get a game in while you're here, but remember that weekends are out for His Lordship because of his commitments at the country club. We could maybe do a tabletop version of our side game though. I'll make ratatouille!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds rad.
    You could all do a good deed later to make up for the poned peasant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the nerdy pseudo-linguistic hipster-ironic type of thing that I enjoy, so I'll write it out.
    'Pwned' is a purposeful misspelling of the slang term 'owned,' that most likely began because of a common typo, p being next to o on the keyboard.
    It may come from 'leetspeak' which is a video game language that hardcore gamers developed so others couldn't understand them. I'm pretty sure it began during the 'mud' era I was talking to you guys about before.
    So there you go guys-- your crypto-nerd lesson for the day! But you do have to admit how interesting it is that words like this have crept into more common usage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the nerdy pseudo-linguistic hipster-ironic type of thing that I enjoy, so I'll write it out.
    'Pwned' is a purposeful misspelling of the slang term 'owned,' that most likely began because of a common typo, p being next to o on the keyboard.
    It may come from 'leetspeak' which is a video game language that hardcore gamers developed so others couldn't understand them. I'm pretty sure it began during the 'mud' era I was talking to you guys about before.
    So there you go guys-- your crypto-nerd lesson for the day! But you do have to admit how interesting it is that words like this have crept into more common usage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, you pwned all over that term's etymology.

    ReplyDelete