After being hand picked by the High Priest of Pellor (note LG high Priest) for an important mission, and then being summoned back by my kindly old sensei (note LG powerful mage) I discover that my true colours have been revealed - no I'm not LG as I thought I was all along, but quite the opposite (maybe watch Tootsie for some insights) so be prepared fellow bastards.
Is Aleska under some enchantment!? He has forewarned his 'fellow' party members to be prepared for his drastic change in character yet seems bereft of spells. He must surely have his reserves plus the stalwart Sylvester stands by his side...
ReplyDeleteEvil stalks the land, there is dissent within the party and a W.C. Security Squad stand to the ready before them. All bodes ill for the recently acquainted battle comrades. Can the situation be redeemed or shall it spiral into conflict? If only DonzAbel was on hand to espouse his natural wisdom...
I'm confused. Is Aleska telling us he's becoming CE? Characters can change alignments, but such a drastic move would be very surprising. Perhaps he knows something about the current Council of Five that we don't? Hiding something from a WCSS would not make him evil necessarily, and there could be many good reasons for his doing so.
ReplyDeleteI'm just making a point that when a player is not there, then their character should take a back seat - the DM is there to DM, not control the character and do totally out of character stuff - basically I'm saying this is bullshit! So I am happy to roll another character and the DM can control Aleska.
ReplyDeleteBut what if the DM was giving us a hint by having Aleska act in that way?
ReplyDeleteThat would normally be done in consultation with the player don't you think - otherwise what is the need for players?
ReplyDeleteNo offense intended, but I think you may be reading a bit much into all this. I'm sure it was just a bit of nothing and a few words from Aleska will assuage the situation. In my opinion there's certainly no reason to roll up a new PC.
ReplyDeleteAlso, don't forget to take my game summary post in the over-the-top manner in which it was written. ;)
Honestly, when everything happened, there was some question about whether Aleska even knew who had the item and in that sense wasn't concealing anything. We then decided afterward that everyone knew that Ydenzyk had looted it.
ReplyDeleteI just find it inexplicable that a player who is absent can have his character thrust into a position which would, on the basis on the game summary, which by the way has not been disputed by anyone, bears no resemblence to the way the character would have been played had the player not been absent. (Wow - that's a complicated sentance!)
ReplyDeleteGod this is just fucking ridiculous. Andrew, head back into your summary and remove your poetic license and humor from the recount of Aleska's actions since it can't be discerned. Nick, explain that Aleska merely said that he didn't know about the item and asked what it was, in a way that was less lie and more wheedling. Eric, chill out. Jeremy, shut the fuck up. Dave, rock on!
ReplyDeleteSo Nick and Andrew have been scandalously frugal with the truth? Methinks they have been laughing all the time.
ReplyDeleteEric, mate, you're being paranoid and I don't appreciate the accusation. Nothing was planned ahead of time. Everything was off the cuff. No one is out to get you. Read the comments to my game summary, that may clear some things up.
ReplyDelete"Out to get me"? What do you mean? Not sure what I'm meant to be paranoid about either. I wasn't there so I can only go on what I can read, which is Andrew's blog and Nick's emails and I feel, based on the blog and emails that the DM has overstepped the line in the way he played my character - that's all I'm trying to say. Jeremey's comment seems to indicate that Andrew's blog is not accurate and that the conversation between Aleska and the Security Squad was somewhat different - if this matter could be cleared up, and I was hoping pre-game as it's a short session we have to play, then things can go smoothly. Otherwise what the hell do I think when we start the next session and the first thing Nick says is roll initiave because Aleska started a fight. Of course I'm going to want an explanation that's believable and who knows how long that will take. Am I being unreasonable in asking what happened? I've read different versions so am I being unreasonable when I ask what really happened?
ReplyDeleteJust wanting an honest answer.